Saturday, July 11, 2009

On To Goa

This morning was my last in Bombay. I hopped a flight to Goa around 3pm and arrived no more than an hour later. On the plane I sat next to two friendly guys who run a travel company. They liked my cowboy hat so they told me of some good hotspots around town. As the plane landed in Goa I had two thoughts, "This is NOT Bombay" and "I'm gonna like this place!" Goa is covered in a deep, jungle green with a perfectly complimentary earthy, reddish-brown sprinkled throughout the landscape from the soil, the rocks and the rooftops. It's a former portuguese colony so the architecture is an excellent mix of tropical and colonial. The cab ride from the airport was long but unbelievable. The landscape, the water, the people, the animals, everything about this place makes me wish I was a professional photographer who could really capture it, but I'll do my best. The hotel is nice but the wireless internet is not what I had hoped. Currently I'm sitting at the bar about 8 feet from the reception desk in order to get a proper signal and I have to pay 100 rsp/hour for it. Regardless expect a lot of pictures from this place and hopefully some interesting new adventures as I make the transition into being a lone traveller. Also look forward to a rap up on Bombay and India in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment